Background / History
Philosophical counselling appeared as early as the 1980s and is addressed to clients seeking a philosophical understanding of their own life, social problems and the nature of thinking and making decisions. The Socratic tradition helps in the search for a good and full life. Nowadays, the philosophical consultation has become popular all over the world.
Objectives and methods
A philosophical consultant helps clients to discover, explain, express and understand the philosophical aspects related to their own worldview or belief system.
The practices include, among others:
- Investigating the client’s arguments and justifications
- Explanation, analysis and definition of important terms and ideas
- Discovering and looking into hidden assumptions and drawing logical consequences
- Examining traditional philosophical theories and their importance in relation to the client’s affairs
- Detection of conflicts and inconsistencies
- Other activities that have historically been considered philosophical
Why choose a philosophical coach for your company? Because a philosophical coach helps you to develop healthy and correct beliefs and ideas about your vision of the world – this will certainly improve the efficiency of your employees.